Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My First Autocross Win!

So it's a bit late, but whatever. The results aren't official yet, but it doesn't look like I'm getting protested, so I'm calling it. I WON MY CLASS! It was awesome. However, it's a bit hollow knowing that the only reason I won was because Tim Engle and Ken St. Pierre weren't there. I still have a long way to go before I'm at their level. But with this win, I have secured 2nd place this season, which I'm happy with. Now I've got to do better next year, with more class wins hopefully. I also want to go to Nationals next year, and hopefully show the world (or at least 800 people) what I can do. Oh, and Brittany is an amazing driver, especially considering it was her first time! I'm not going to bring her anymore, because she's going to beat me if I do!

In less than four hours, I'm going to be on a plane (one of two) heading to California. I still can't really believe I'm about to do this. On one hand, I'm very excited about what I'm going to be doing, and on the other hand, I'm really nervous. Either way, it is going to be a totally new experience and I'm so happy that I was given this opportunity. All right, I can't think of anything else to add to this. The next time I write will be from Mojave, CA, at some point in the future. Here we go!

No comments: